“A brilliant book, Cash understands what any great fighter knows that listening to your opponent is the key strategy to winning. If listening is a martial art then Cash has mastered it.”
– Martin Wheeler, Russian Martial Art, Systema (World’s #1 Combatives Expert)
Reading, writing and speaking well are all key to success. But what about listening? The most admired people in business, academic, political, and social settings all have one thing in common: they’re great listeners. Through conversational essays and real-world experience, entrepreneur, attorney, and author Cash Nickerson teaches us the art and science of intelligent listening.
By combining his proven business acumen with 30 years of training in the martial arts, Cash provides simple but profound insights into what it takes to be a great listener. Listening as a Martial Art will help you progress from white belt to black belt as you master your listening skills for success in both business and personal life.
Listening as a Martial Art provides proven strategies and tactics for better listening. You’ll learn how to:
- Improve your listening skills by “reading” the speaker.
- Harness the incredible power of silence.
- Avoid the most common – and easily overlooked – conversation stoppers.
- Sell more by saying less.
- Get your ego out of the communication loop.
- Handle emotional outbursts from bosses, colleagues, friends, and family members.
- Evaluate your listening skills on a daily basis, so you can become an even better listener tomorrow.
- And much more!
Whether you’re looking to solve specific communication problems at work or at home, or just want to make all-around improvements in your communication style, Listening as a Martial Art is an essential read. Practice every day, and you’ll be a black belt listener before you know it!